Saturday 28 September 2013

Day 74/75 - ...walking in the Tuscan desert!

Tuscany is beautiful but it's also one of the most barren places I've ever visited.


...it's very hot and dry which makes walking extremely hard, especially when one is accompanied by dogs such as one of the pilgrims Ania and I encountered that has been on the road for the past two years!


...vegetation is scarce though once in a while a lonely tree appears in the distance...


...though we've seen a few houses here and there we haven't seen many people which makes us think that maybe we're the only ones crazy enough to walk in this desert like region.


As we enter the village of San Quirico d'Orcia we're surprised by the change of the scenery around us and are both very happy to find a bar with some much needed cold beverages!


I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my amazing friend Ania Szaflarska for her contribution during my Indigogo campaign and for accompanying me for the past two weeks. Thank you for helping make this adventure a reality and for all the wonderful memories that I'm sure we'll be laughing about for years to come :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment