Tuesday 20 August 2013

Day 36/37 - Lausanne

Built right above Lake Geneva on many steep hills, Lausanne is called Switzerland's San Francisco. I've never been to San Francisco but as I walked down into the city and had my first view of the Cathedral of Notre Dame with the Alps in the background my heart stopped a beat.


I took a day of rest here and just wandered up and down the streets and indulged in all the amazing architecture and magnificent views.




I also really enjoyed the modern look of the old warehouse area that is now very up and coming.


I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful family from Waterloo - Marcin, Iza, Benjamin, Jan and Ola - thank you so much for your generous support. Your contribution helped me get and amazing night's rest on my very own bed during my second night in Lausanne. I'm now properly rested and ready to conquer the days ahead, THANK YOU AL!!! :-)

1 comment: