Monday 7 October 2013

Day 85 - ROMA

As I woke up on the morning of my 85th day of walking I was surprised but extremely happy to see blue skies with little clouds. 


After four hours of walking I reached Monte Mario and saw the city I've been walking towards since July 14th!


After a few tears and lots of laughter my two companions and I kept on walking towards our finally destination of St. Peter's Square, where we celebrated even more.




....tired but content I lay down and thought of all the kilometres behind me and all the lifetime ahead of me and I smiled knowing how lucky I have been to complete this extraordinary adventure.



I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has helped me along this very long and strenuous pilgrimage to Rome. Your generosity and support is greatly appreciated, THANK YOU!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Truly awesome. I hope you have realised all of your intentions from the joureny and even more. Many blessings to you. I'm 50 odd days behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your achievement and many thanks for sharing this pilgrimage. You deserve a long rest!

    ReplyDelete